Part 3 of 3

The last installment of my Hunter patch notes for 2.3.0. The nerf-bat seems to have passed our class by in this patch, which is good. Is everything going to be perfect? Of course not, but it looks like we may be looking in the right direction. On with the shortest part of the show!

User Interface
  • All players now have a tracking bubble on their minimap. From that menu you can select a specific type of vendor or npc to look for or you can select a specific tracking type if your character has tracking. Yes this means that hunters can take all of those tracking buttons off of their action bars.
    Woo hoo! Oh, wait, I only have one tracking button on my bar (track humanoids), and it's for PVP.
  • Items with Metagems in them will now display the gems required to activate the metagem and whether those requirements have been met on the item tooltip.
    This seems to be for those who hate math even more than I do. XD
  • Inspect distance has been increased to 30 yards, and when you inspect another player, you can now see their talent choices as well as their equipment.
    Just remember, people: judge not, lest ye be judged. Oh hell, I'll admit it: I'm gonna be inspecting people's talents like a fiend as soon as this hits. Saves me the trip to the armory website.
  • Corpses that belong to someone in your party, but that you cannot loot will say in the corpse mouseover who has loot rights on that corpse. This will help skinners who want to know who to talk to in order to skin their corpse, as well as master looters when special loot drops on a normal monster. Everyone will then see that there is a monster that the master looter has loot rights on.
    Ahh, the end of an era: "Everybody come back here and check this dog--someone needs to loot so I can skin!" Good riddance. ;)
  • New macro commands: /targetlastenemy, /targetlastfriend
    I'm alreadly thinking of new macros...
  • New macro command to target by entire name: /targetexact
    This is extremely self-explanatory, but good to know, and thus included here for completeness.



Hmm. I heard there would be a /castsequence type command for toggling pet auto-cower and auto-growl. I want this SO BADLY. That thing is such a pain in my rear to switch, and I often need to do it in the middle of a fight. I'll have to trawl the macro forum some time to check for details. It's currently down for maintenance.

0 comments: