Part 2 of 3

Moving along in the 2.3.0 grind, today's installment is Instances, Raids, and BGs!

Zul'Aman
Zul'Aman is a 10-player, level 70 outdoor instance located in the Ghostlands. Players will be able to confront six new bosses including the Forest Troll Warlord Zul'jin.
I can't wait to get into this. XD New 10-man? Count me in! Not to mention I want the new enchanting recipe that drops in there SO MUCH! It would be totally sweet for arena or for tanks. And had you heard there's a new mount drop in there (a bear, even)?

Dungeons and Raids
  • Players that complete the attunement quests for Tempest Keep and Coilfang Resevoir may now choose to display a new title, "'character name' Champion of the Naaru."
    Yay! Title for meee (as soon as I finish this stupid chain)!
  • The Requirement for Heroic Keys has been lowered to Honored.
    This is the best news in today's update. This little gem of a tweak will hand me all of the heroic keys. As my best warlock buddy would say, w00tsauce!
    Meeting stone level requirements, the Looking for Group system, and quests have been adjusted to match the new dungeon level ranges.
    Like the LFG level reqs weren't annoying enough before. This is not one of my favourite things.
    Auchindoun: Mobs inside Sethekk Halls will now continue to award Lower City reputation into Exalted.
    I will happily take any help I can get on my rep grinding.
  • New random Daily Dungeon quests have been added for both the heroic and non-heroic five-person Outland dungeons, as well as for the 5-person Caverns of Time instances. Each day both a single heroic and a single non-heroic dungeon are randomly targeted by these quests. The Consortium quest givers can be located in Shattrath's Lower City
    This is going to be fun, I think. Should help with those times I want to run something, but am having a hard time deciding which rep/gear grind I want to instance for. Should also help drum up interest in PUGs, which is all to the good (and PUGS can be good).
  • Quest givers who have available daily quests will have a blue exclamation point instead of a yellow one.
    Ahh, but the question is: will I be able to see the exclamation point for quests that are not level 70 (HH daily, I'm lookin' at you)?


Battlegrounds
  • Daily quests have been added targeting a random battleground for that day. Look for Alliance Brigadier Generals and Horde Warbringers near your faction's battlemasters in all major capitals.
    This looks to be made of win. Come on, rep! I'm all about this, as it may lure me into BGs I normally don't like (AB and WG, I'm looking at you).
  • Dropping the Flag in a battleground will now result in a debuff that will not allow you to pick up the flag again for 3 seconds.
    I think I like this, but then again, I'm speaking as someone who's never the flag carrier. I'm usually the one trying to take out the flag carrier and recap the flag, or running right alongside the FC, dropping traps and Scattershotting/silencing the people trying to take them out.
  • Players will now be able to cast spells for free in the Battleground before it begins.
    This will be nice for those who are doing the buffing. Should save on water. I'd make a bigger difference to me before this patch goes through, though, because that's the time I refresh Trueshot Aura, which is gonna be free now, thus eliminating the main drain on my mana. One small bonus to hunters will come of this, though: we'll get to switch aspects for free!
  • Players will now be able to cast spells for free for a few seconds after being resurrected by a Spirit Guide in the Battleground.
    See above.
  • Alterac Valley (hoo boy.)
    • Additional Warmasters no longer report for duty upon destroying an enemy tower. However, destroying an enemy tower still eliminates the associated opposing Warmaster.
      This will make a difference only if these changes actually manage to slow down the zerg race that is the current state of AV.
    • All Warmasters are linked to each other and their respective Generals and can no longer be pulled individually.
      We've had so many bad pulls lately it's almost like this has already been implemented. But it will ramp up the difficulty a bit here.
    • Honor from capturing towers has been increased.
      Great--maybe I can convince people to actually help me hold the towers until cap now. A nice little change when you factor in the 20% decrease in cap time.
    • All Commanders and Lieutenants have left Alterac Valley in search for other battle opportunities.
      Oooh, I don't think I like this. My friend Vipore is gone?! Sad day, indeed. Slidore is actually going to take a shower? What will we do with our lives?
    • Players will no longer be sent to their starting tunnels on death unless that team controls no graveyards in the battleground.
      This could be trouble--what if the tunnel is closer? If I'm running defense, I'd rather take a rez in the tunnel than SFGY, thanks (and SFGY is a kind option in this scenario).
    • Many NPCs in Stormpike and Frostwolf holds are no longer elite
      So are we trying to slow down the zerging here or speed it up?
    • Bonus Honor in Alterac Valley is now only awarded during the battle for destroying enemy towers and slaying the enemy Captain. Upon conclusion of the battle, bonus honor is also awarded for intact towers, a surviving Captain, and for victory in the battle. The total bonus honor awarded should be similar to the previous total.
      We-ell, if the total's the same, why are we doing this again? This is one of those things we're going to have to wait and see on, folks.
    • The Horde and Alliance now have a limited number of reinforcements available in the battle for Alterac Valley. The number of reinforcements available is reduced upon player death, loss of towers, and death of Captain Galvangar or Balinda Stonehearth. In addition, all available reinforcements are lost upon the death of General Drek'Thar or Vanndar Stormpike. If a team is reduced to zero reinforcements, the opposing team wins the battle.
      Will AV become all about turtling and graveyard camping? God I hope not. This whole battleground thing makes me really suspicious that my friends crying BOHICA may be right. But who knows? Any news from the test realms?
    • Towers and Graveyards in Alterac Valley are now captured in 4 minutes (down from 5).
      Hmm. I would be all for this hitting today, since a big problem with the way AV is run now is that the battleground is over and done by the time some of the towers cap, thereby depriving us all of valuable bonus honor. With all the changes in this battleground, I have no idea how this is all going to stack up. Will AV become all about turtling and graveyard camping? God I hope not. This whole battleground thing makes me really suspicious that my friends crying BOHICA may be right. But who knows? Any news from the test realms?

  • Eye of the Storm
    The points awarded from capturing the flag in Eye of the Storm is now increase based on the number of bases the capturing team owns.

    Yay, more honor!
  • Warsong Gulch, Arathi Basin, Eye of the Storm
    Additional bonus honor is now awarded upon conclusion of the battle.

    Hurrah. IMO, this is addressing a major reason people don't play these BGs more. Scenario: I want some PVP gear. The honor requirement is much harder to attain than the mark requirement for just about everything you want out of the Champions' Hall. I get around 300 bonus honor from AV. I get around 150 from anywhere else. Where am I going to play? You bet your arse it's not the three BGs listed here unless it's bonus weekend for that bg, and I need the marks.

0 comments: