Hi, I'm Aura, and I'm a MM Hunter.

I've been MM spec since I respec'd for the first time in my late 20s/early 30s, and I'm currently at 64 and still loving it. I'm running 2/44/9 with the plan to end up something 7/45/9. I wouldn't trade Trueshot Aura (gives everyone in your group +110 AP) and Silencing Shot (silences target for 5 sec and causes 50% weapon damage) for anything. Also, before you ask, this is primarily a PVP build, but it seems to be serving me well in instances and raids so far. But I love to PVP, and it shows.

I love this build for PvP, and it's been working really well for me in the raids my guild has been running. Being able to stop a boss from pulling off one or two of the big spells is a huge help, and I'll admit to using it vindictively in PVP. It's probably not the best solo leveling spec (BM makes your pet a better tank, and depending on your build, gives you a slight DPS edge, as any BM hunter will be only too willing to point out), but even so, I don't have much trouble soloing.

Some quick bullet points ripped from my other journal:

  • Always use your mark ability. Not only does it tell everyone who you're going for and work like a raid mark, it's practically free AP for your whole group!
  • In general, keep your pet on aggressive in PVP BGs, defensive in PVE, and passive in instances and raids.
  • No matter where you are, dismiss your pet before jumping down from something! Otherwise, your pet will run the long way down, bringing you lots of unwelcome company, and possibly biting the dust before or just as the gang of aggro'd creeps gets to you.
  • Your gear ought to be carrying one or more of the following: AP, crit%, Agi, Sta, Int in order of priority. More armor is not greater than better stats.
  • Don't get married to one type of weapon. The best one for you could be anything you can train. I used a bow from 1-62, but as you already know if you checked out my armory profile, I'm using a gun these days. Take it as it comes.

    I'm sad when I see people posting in LFG that they're looking for NON-HUNTER dps. I try not to get too upset over it, though. Everyone's going to make mistakes, that's a given. It's the people who don't manage aggro, leave their pets on agressive all the time, and don't know how to use their traps and abilities that give us a bad name. Especially the people who demonstrate these horrid qualities in addition to a penchant for bossiness, loot whoring, or whining (and unforunately, they're out there). OTOH, once you demonstrate that you can handle yourself, and play your class well, you'll find that good hunters are very much in demand. :)

  • 0 comments: